Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finding the forest

.. the boys and I were feeling a little nature deprived, okay it was just me, so I convinced, I mean we decided to head out and find a forest today.

.. earlier in the week a woman at a park outing had told me she "lived in the hills surrounded by forest. " And I was like and where the heck is that and how do I get there ...

.. she explained it to me like I had been living here and would know places .. I nodded like I might all the while remembering key phrases to later type in to google maps.

.. so it was with those snippets we put together a let's go see what we can find adventure.

.. we were pleased to locate a treed space with way more birds then people.


.. we liked the idea that we were standing in the hills we had long looked at while driving toward Daddy's work






.. it felt good to chill near a babbling brook .. 

.. but the real fun unfolded when we decided to get in the water .. 





.. then we got back in the car and drove longer, down a two lane road, very rare these days, until we found another nature like setting .. this one a man made lake good for snacking at 

4 comments:

Jill said...

Good to see you guys found some nature. Looks like you had a fun adventure!

Hey, I think your hubby knows mine. From one California Mom to another--let's do coffee sometime!

Jill said...

My hubby is Mikey Maysmith, I'm not some crazy stalker by the way..hahah

MMmommy said...

Thank you for qualifying who you were Jill .. cause I was at a loss there for a second ..

Coffee sounds good!

Jill said...

Cool--email me sometime! jill@jillmaysmith.com

Come visit me over at http://cupertinochronicles.wordpress.com

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!